Thursday, January 12, 2006

Wiccan Boy / Girl Scouts

So the Spiral Scouts, a Wiccan version of the Boy and Girl Scouts, are running around Index WA where the lady and I stayed in a cabin with friends over New Year's weekend.

I told you I heard something in the woods when I went to get water! I told you! I assumed it was a yeti.

In all seriousness, this sounds like a great idea. Don't ask, but I had the often uncomfortable experience of being in a primarily Mormon scout troop for a while. 'Primarily' meaning me and a bunch of Mormons. I welcome the idea of celebrating nature and gender equality rather than, well, Joseph Smith.

Apparently the Spirals received a cease and desist letter from the Boy Scouts of America claiming 'Scouts' is a trademarked term. What assholes.

via BoingBoing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home