Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Doom Kills It

Sunday, I finally caught MF Doom at Chop Suey after it was rescheduled from a month ago.

Holy hot damn Doom is fun to watch - he hit the stage wearing a zorro mask and went nuts for the next hour. My only complaint is that his set was too short.

J and I learned a lesson in getting older that night. We showed up to the 8:30 show around 9:45 to learn that Doom wasn't scheduled to hit the stage until midnight. After one opener we decided there was no way we were making it until midnight without going home for a nap. Which we did, except J didn't make it back for the show. We just can't hang anymore (except, of course, for official DCDB events - booyah!).

I did buy a KMD album - actually a comp of their first two albums plus some b-sides - and I can't get enough of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schmubb said...

Ah, yes...the getting older-can't hanging bit...I know it all so well. I like going out for drinks at like 4:00 in the afternoon only to call it a night at like 7:30. Love the happy hour and the falling asleep early.

As for your previous post. What a shame that Pulp has disbanded. Jarvis Cocker was a Lennon of his time...only more concerned with his own member

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home