Thursday, October 06, 2005

DangerDoom, Dear God it's Good


I've been listening to DangerDoom's soon to be released debut Mouse and the Mask all morning, and I'm rejoicing. MF Doom and DJ Danger Mouse have partially plugged the sucking hole in my heart created by my yearning for a new record on the level of Deltron 3030. Yeah.

Mouse and the Mask isn't quite as tight as Deltron, and let's face it, you can't touch Del's lyrics on that one, but I thank DangerDoom for helping to save hiphop from the likes of the typical hit-mongers. I'm not even really a hiphop fan, but good music is good music.

There are some weaker tracks on the album, and sampling Meatwad over and over gets a little old, but DangerDoom spit out a reference to one of my fav Shakespeare phrases on "Sofa King" - "... got confronted by the beast with the two backs" - and it made me go "Uh. Uh." (In a hiphop way. In concert with hand raising.)

MySpace is hosting a listening party until the 10th. Album release on Oct. 11.

Note: Probably due to the collaboration with Cartoon Network, but the album is censored. Every so often a word is bleeped. I'd rather Doom just left the potty mouth out and saved my ears the annoying tone. Oh, well.

From Epitaph's site:

Two of this generation's most respected hip-hop artists, Danger Mouse and DOOM, have come together to produce DANGERDOOM: The Mouse and the Mask, an album inspired by Adult Swim, Cartoon Network's popular late-night animation network. The album, set to debut in October 2005, will be released on Epitaph Records, in association with Adult Swim. The album will contain character voices and skits from Adult Swim's most popular original shows, including Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021 and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

3 Comments:

Blogger Longshanks said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Longshanks said...

I want to devise a virus
To bring dire straits to your environment
Crush your corporations w/ a mild touch
Trash your old computer system and revert you to papyrus

4:40 PM  
Blogger Phantroll said...

Yeah Schmubby and I were listening to this yesterday. If you like this check out the Viktor Vaughn Vaudeville Villain album. Doom doesn't even have to try.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home