Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Messengers and Wheelchair Marathoners

Richard Rosenthal of the New York Marathon recently contacted the NY Bike Messengers Association to request biker accompaniment for wheelchaired marathoners. The wheelchair race precedes the running race, and since roads will not yet be fully closed, bikers ride ahead of the racers clearing pedestrains from their path.

Rosenthal states: "My intent is to present the NY Road Runners with the notion they should feel some gratitude for and indebtedness towards all cyclists...."

The average winning time for the marathon runners is 2 hrs 15 mins. The chaired competitors average 1 hr 30 mins!

2 Comments:

Blogger Schmubb said...

I'm commenting on this post even though I am responding to yummy sloth post. I sometimes look at babies and think that they look really chewy. I don't want to eat them per se, just gnaw on them a little bit. It just seems like it would be alot of fun to have my jaws bounce up and down on those fatty arms and legs.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Ah, excellent point regarding the chewy baby effect. I, however, cannot quite get passed the weird baby smell and imagine that it might translate to weird baby taste.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home