Thursday, September 29, 2005

Best Show Ever


Back in 1993 as a sophomore in high school I attended my first show at the long out-of-business Metro rock club in Richmond VA. I saw Inquisition and Rain Like the Sound of Trains which, incidentally, is still one of my favorite band names.

I have all three Inquisition albums dubbed on tape from friends and an XXL t-shirt of the 'We Got a Bomb' logo that I bought at a later show (I think Screw 32 and AVAIL played that one - oh, and I wear a size small), but stupidly I never bought a CD. Actually, I'm not sure the first two records were ever on CD. 'Revolution: I Think It's Called Inspiration' definitely was, and unfortunately was released in concert with the band's demise. I think I saw Inquisition maybe 3 times before they split.

For the past several years I've checked eBay for the 'Revolution' disk. Surprisingly, you can get the vinyl LP pretty easily, and the CD does pop up occasionally but usually the bidding gets out of hand. I blame Strike Anywhere listeners who want to research the singer's old band and are willing to pay $30 to get the disk used. That's fine I guess. I would have done the same thing in my teens.

Well, AF Records is releasing 'Revolution'. I'm going to buy it. In fact, I think I'm going to pre-order for $10 - then I get the poster and pin, too.

Strange feeling being at such a different point in my life than I was at that first show. Ordering the reissued disk, from a computer, with my credit card, sitting at my desk at work, and still happy to get the poster and pin.

UPDATE: Inquisition is soon to launch a posthumous web site.

3 Comments:

Blogger Work From Home 101 said...

Card Debuts Web Magazine
Multiple award-winning SF author Orson Scott Card told SCI FI Wire that he will be helming a new online genre fiction magazine, Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show .
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my work from home related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Longshanks said...

Your sophomore year of high school, huh? I never would've guessed...

1:01 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

you've taunted me for the last time, longshanks. I know where you live...

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home