Monday, August 29, 2005

Elementary School


Speaking of elementary school, Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go was by far one of my favorite books. Goldbug, shown on the cover driving the yellow bulldozer, would hide out on each two-page spread and you'd have to spot him Where's Waldo style.

This and a dinosaur book went pretty much everywhere with me. I can't remember the title of the book, but I definitley remember the cover and many of the illustrations. Especially those of archaeopteryx and the "egg-thief" dinosaur, which I'm guessing is oviraptor. Although, it seems the egg-eater theory has since been debunked.

Strange to remember those illustrations and descriptions and compare them to current theories. My Stegosaurus dragged its tail. And mine was called Brontosaurus, not Apatosaurus.

At any rate, Anthony's got a great illustration of another fav of mine, Ankylosaurus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home